The mission of LRRD is to:
To this end the journal publishes both full-length papers and short communications (posters) describing the results of research that relate to the theme of sustainable rural development. Guidelines for the preparation of papers and posters are given in the section on Notes for Authors.
Papers and posters should be sent by E-mail or on diskette to the Senior Editor email@example.com. If acknowledgement is not received within two weeks (in the case of E-mail) then authors should send a reminder to the Senior Editor with details of the file names and dates sent. The papers can be written with the aid of any of the principal word processing software programs and if sent as e-mail should be as attachments or "compressed" files. Further details are given in "Notes for authors" (see below).
The procedure is as follows
The responsibility of the reviewers, including members of the Editorial Committee, is:
- Reg Preston (Senior Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rene Sansoucy, France (Assistant Editor: email@example.com)
- Mauricio Rosales, Colombia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andrew Speedy, UK (email@example.com)
- Hanne Hansen, Denmark (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jorge Combellas, Venezuela (email@example.com)
- Frands Dolberg, Denmark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christophe Dalibard, France (email@example.com)
- Steven Lukefahr, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enrique Murgueitio, Colombia (email@example.com)
- Alvaro Ocampo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Trevor Wilson (TrevorBart@aol.com)
- Rogério Martins Mauricio (email@example.com)
The present list of reviewers is:
|Name of reviewer||E-mail address (just click on address to contact the person)|
|Arango, Jésus Afirstname.lastname@example.org||ja|
|Chirgwin, Juan Carlosemail@example.com||jcc|
|Dalibard, Christophefirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com||cd|
|Ferraz, Jose Bento Sfirstname.lastname@example.org||jf|
|Kayouli, Chedlyemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||ck|
|Ku Vera, Juanemail@example.com||jkv|
|Nguyen Xuan Trachfirstname.lastname@example.org||nxt|
|Perez, Renaemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||rp|
|Wang Jiaqiemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||jw|
Responsibility for posting the papers on the Home Page of LRRD is with CIPAV (Héctor Osorio)
The principle tools for publishing the journal are now: Corel Office 2000 (Word Perfect), Lotus 123, Microsoft Office XP or 2000 (MS Word and Excel) and Star Office 5.2. These are the preferred formats for receiving papers and posters.
Authors should examine carefully recent papers and posters in the journal and follow the style currently in use.
Body of Text
- Use the font "Times New Roman" 12 pt.
- Do not use full word capitals for titles nor for names of authors.
- Include your e-mail address below your postal address in the Title
- Indicate the Keywords after the Abstract in alphabetical order
- Separate the Titles and sub-titles from the previous and next lines by an empty line, using the ‘return’ or ‘enter’ key
- Separate each paragraph by an empty line, using the ‘return’ or ‘enter’ key
- Make sure the paragraphs are aligned to the left not to “justified”
- Avoid to use an indent in the beginning of each paragraph
text and tables:
Ensure that numbers contain only three digits after or before “000…”
Eg: 234.214 becomes 234
1.2367 becomes 1.24
0.00032176 becomes 0.000322
for R2 only two digits after or before “00…”
eg: R2 = 0.677 becomes R2 = 0.68
Where possible, please always supply the original spreadsheets and data which were used to produce graphics in the papers, since this allows us to produce a uniform look and maintain the quality of the finished journal.
Please format using the Table menu, and not Tabs and Spaces
- when using the tabular format please allot a new cell to each piece of data.
- include the title of the table as well as the notes at the bottom of table inside the Table itself not in the body of the text.
They should be set up with minimum punctuation but maximum detail of the actual citation. Abbreviations of journal titles should not be used. In the list of references, citations to "Livestock Research for Rural Development" should include the appropriate "URL" for the article. For example:
Guèye E F, Ndiaye A and Branckaert R D S 1998 Prediction of body weight on the basis of body measurements in mature indigenous chickens in Senegal; Livestock Research for Rural Development. (10) 3: http://www.cipav.org.co/lrrd/lrrd10/3/sene103.htm
Check that this URL is correct and fonctionning by double clicking on it: it should lead you to the Web site.!
- Use the Spell-Check tool in order to correct any spelling mistake, and
- Ensure that references in the text are
in the reference list and vice versa.
An easy way to check this latter point is to print the reference list and then from the beginning of the text to use the "FIND" command and type "19" and then "20". This will locate all the references assuming you have cited correctly the source including the date.
Return to top